For hitters to develop a smooth stride and rhythm.
How the Drill Works
- Batter takes a batting stance
- Lift back heel slightly
- Then lift front heel as you come back down on back heel
- Feel your weight rocking toward, then away, from the pitcher
- Develop a rhythm as you rock back and forth on a four-count: back heel, front heel, back heel, front heel
- On the last count, turn the front knee and shoulder in slightly, then swing.
Softball Coaching Tips
- With this exercise, practice makes perfect!
- Do 10 reps per session
Why this Drill Works
- The last rock coils your body, giving you power to transfer into your swing.