1. Wall Drill Stand close to a wall or barrier.
Place the nub of the bat against your belly button and the barrel of the bat against the wall. Using only that distance, execute your swing without the barrel of the bat striking the wall or barrier.
2. Tee Drill Kneel with a standard batting tee parallel to your body. Place the nub of the bat to your belly button and the barrel against the tee. Using only that distance, execute your swing without the barrel of the bat striking the tee or knocking the tee down.
3. One Hand Off Tee Kneel parallel to the tee. Take 25 swings with the forehand and 25 swings with the backhand. Work on keeping the hands in and drawing a line across your chest as you take the bat to the ball.
4. One Hand Toss If your right handed, hold the bat in your left hand in the ready position. Toss a ball up with your right hand and draw a line across your chest as you drive the ball. This forces you to keep your hands in and execute a proper swing. Reverse for left handed hitter.
5. Knob Of Bat To Tee (follow though) - Place a ball on the tee. Set up properly with stance and hands. Take the nub of the bat to the ball on the tee. This again emphasizes proper hand movement and a short compact swing. Repeat 25 times.