For hitters to integrate lower body movement into the swing
How the Drill Works
- Set up with your front foot on the back line of the batter's box
- Step forward with your back foot, then your front foot
- As you plant your front foot, load your hands and swing
Softball Coaching Tips
- The two steps should line batter up with the plate. If they don't, adjust her starting point accordingly.
- Do 10 reps per session
Why this Drill Works
- This drill forces the batter to put her lower body in motion and helps her mentally connect use of the lower body to the swing.