Sep 29, 2021 | Jessica Fleming | 47 views
Our Softball Letter
We will miss the late summer nights, playing under the lights, and cheering our hearts out.
It won't be soon enough until we can experience all of it again...
- getting into our defensive ready positions,
- the feel of the ball hitting the pocket of our glove on a line-drive hit or a sweet one-hop,
- getting the last out of the inning,
- hitting the ball and sprinting to first,
- sliding on a steal and getting the "safe" call,
- the feel of your foot hitting the inside corner of the bag as you round the base and push for another,
- dusting the dirt off after a sweet slide or dive,
- seeing the smiles on our teammates faces,
We can't wait to get back out on the diamond next spring.
Until then, we will work hard to put in the time and effort in our off-season to build our skills and better ourselves.